Me and a friend discussed once who has it harder..
The person who has been overweight all their life? OR The person who was once slim then became overweight?
My answer was IT DOESN’T MATTER BECAUSE BOTH INDIVIDUALS AT THIS POINT, are dealing with some of the same things.
I am the person who was once “normal or healthy weight” according to the BMI chart but slowly I have put on the pounds.
But then it got to a point where I
- dressed in larger clothes to cover up my weight
- didn’t want to go to buffets because I felt like others were watching and judging me
- didn’t want to go to family events because I know someone would remind me of all the weight I have gained
- wouldn’t buy any new clothes because I was ashamed to buy a size 18 when I use to wear a size 8
- disliked running into old friends who gave me the “my you gotten big” look
- disliked starting diets that failed
- couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs without getting tired
- tired of going to the doctor and her telling me “YOU ARE OBESE” and you need to lose weight
- didn’t understand why I couldn’t just change instantly like in the movies
I was in a rut and on this dark road to self hate. Sad, depressed, ashamed and felt alone. I felt like no one understood what was going on with me or what I was going through. Maybe you have been in this place before but I am here to share that yes you may get to that place but you don’t have to stay there.
I decided I had to make a change. For my sanity and for my life. YOU CAN MAKE A CHANGE TOO. PLEASE FOR YOURSELF
I changed by:
- Starting small. I am all for BEAST MODE but you have to ease into that. Because if you fail the 1st time, you may give up entirely
- Drown out the naysayers because they will be their to give their unwanted opinion
- Research something that has given others success and TRY IT
- At home workouts work.. I loss my first 15 pounds in my living room dancing, doing crunches and push ups (lady push ups..lets not get too out of hand) Walking is FREE. Walk during your lunch, take your kids to the park , take a stroll by the beach, walk around the mall(you don’t have to buy anything unless you want to)
- Healthy recipes are free online try some. Try fruit or veggies that you haven’t before. Don’t be afraid to eat out. There are healthy eating out options Flame broiler, El Pollo loco, Yoshinoya and Subway. Its all about what you choose
- Pay attention to what you eat. Nutritional facts are important. Sodium, Carbs, Sugar, Protein
- Find a online community,in person, group or friend to share what you are doing or how you feel
- Learn about you. When do you like to workout? Morning/Night? Cardio/Weights? Class or Individual? Gym/Home?
- Use a app there are so many too even list
- Remember what may work for others may not work for you try to find what works for you
What made your decide it was a time for change?
Comment, Like , Share and Subscribe 🙂