Obsession is defined by the Webster dictionary as: a state in which someone thinks about someone or something constantly or frequently especially in a way that is not normal.
There is nothing wrong with being focused and determined about losing weight. But when you strive for it & become willing to do not normal things to lose weight that is when it is officially out of hand.
Last year before my birthday I became so obsessed with making it to a certain weight that I didn’t want to go out to eat with others, ate bare minimum calories, didn’t want to attend & Christmas parties or eat anything anyone offered me.
I became obsessed with
- Getting on the scale
- Working out 2 or more times a day
- Counting every calorie
Anyone that was around me I would scrutinized what they were eating. My sister actually yelled at me when I told her what she was eating was crap!
At that moment I had to evaluate what I was doing and the person I was becoming.
I didn’t want to be
- The person who missed out on great events
- Declined peoples invites or food
- Tell people about what they should or should not be eating
All because I was so obsessed with losing weight
Think about these things if you feel yourself or before you get to an obsess state
- Its suppose to be a fun and learning journey don’t make it more serious than that
- Evaluate yourself before others do, you know when you are taking it too far
- Keep your goals realistic & don’t do unethical things to achieve results
- Live your life, attend events with others because they may stop offering
- Don’t let the journey take over your life, write down your goals and STAY IN CONTROL
Comment, like, and subscribe