So I get an email alert and I see the title says FULL-TIME: Counselor. I was excited but that excitement fastly turned into my heart feeling tight and me feeling overwhelmed. I received the dreaded
GENERIC, COMPUTER GENERATED, REJECTION LETTER
I felt sort of sad, upset and unsure at the time. Still hurts to even remind my self that a position I wanted has rejected me.
Earlier this month I sat and wrote down 5 goals I wanted to accomplish this month.
One of the goals happen to be apply for 7 positions in the field that I want to be in which is Education. Specifically advising and or counseling.
So far I have applied to 5 position.
I have been avoiding applying for jobs because these positions want a arm and a leg from you
Most positions want:
- Cover letter
- 3 or more letters of recommendation
- 3 to 6 reference contacts
- Writing sample
- Supplemental questions
- Copies of transcripts, certificates and or degrees
All of that and you still need to do the actual application it self and upload. But now of these days that’s the norm.
LETS JUST CALL A SPADE A SPADE. This just an excuse that they want to much and truthfully I was just being too damn LAZY.
Yes I can admit I WAS LAZY but it clicked to me last month I cannot be lazy about changing my life.
This post is to offer up what I have learned and maybe it can help or inspire someone out here in WordPress land
- GOD has something greater in store
- This is just preparation for something better
- Rejection hurts but you WILL experience it
- Even after rejection still keep doing what you need to do. You may get 5 NO’s but all you need is 1 YES
- Life goes on after rejection, screw rejection and keep kicking butt
Comment, Like, Share and subscribe
“get your mind right and your body will be right too”