I wanted to share both the good and bad sides of losing a substantial amount of weight from my experience. It hasn’t all been gummy bears and bright days but it wasn’t and isn’t grim nights and goblins either. My experience has been a pleasant mixture of both good and bad.
You all know (If you didn’t know now you do) I like to share the goods and bad when I share and this post won’t be any different.
Let’s start with the bad because I want to end this on a positive note
The bad I wish I knew before weight loss
- Advice: I wish I didn’t take crappy advice just because at times I was desperate to get to a certain weight so I tried some pretty uncomfortable things like detox teas and cabbage diets.
- Everything did not work: There were times I tried things and they just didn’t work for me. I won’t say they don’t work but they just didn’t work for me.
- Unethical: There was a point I ate 600 calories and worked out 2 to 3 times a day chasing a goal weight but I quickly learned that was not attainable.
- It Sucked: There were times my journey just sucked major butt, I didn’t feel like counting calories or working out.
- Judgement: I began to experience becoming too judgmental about myself and I just had to stop because it was wearing me down big time.
The good I wish I knew about weight loss
- Skin: When I started drinking more water, low and behold my skin became more smooth, radiant and flawless ( lol I sound like a makeup commercial ) BUT it’s true my skin just glows now because of all the H2O I have added to my nutrition (FYI I hated water, kind of still do but I know it’s good for me)
- Weight training: I started weight training and I wish I did it sooner. Toning my arms are a major thanks to hitting the weights (I was scared to hit the weights because I thought it was a guy thing) NOW I know girls lift too… sexy arms city baby
- Self-esteem: I feel 1,000 more better about myself because I know that eating good and being active releases endorphin that makes me feel happier
- Research: I started to research and learn more about fitness, nutrition and my own body which
- Feelings: I created a better image of who I am and how I feel about myself. Positive body image is important
If I knew all the bad before I started I would have stayed far away from those things.
If I knew all the GOOD before I started I would have started much sooner and not waited any longer.
Check out my YouTube channel ( Oh snap! Can you believe I actually have a Youtube Channel??) I did a video on this topic.. YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT
New videos: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
Listen to me NOW on | Sound Cloud: Weightloss | The good & bad
Get your newest freebie I created just for YOU ! | Fitness To Do List Worksheet
Get social with me with me