Its Good vibes Wednesday.. put some good vibes out there WordPress family. Yes I have tried another one of the hot topic tools for weight loss : Intermittent fasting (IF). I actually started last week but I decided I would do it for a whole week then I would reveal how I feel about it so far.
What is intermittent fasting (IF) anyway?
It is when you fast for a certain amount of hours a day and eat certain amount of hours a day.
Different forms of IF exist
16/8 (14/10 suggested for women) you can play with the hours and see what fits you
Tonight you stop eating at 8pm and tomorrow you eat between 12pm and 8pm. Repeat. This is 16/8. You fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 hours
My results in 7 days-I have lost 7 lbs. Could have done more but of course on Saturday I went Cra-Cra but I digress.
Here is the TRUTH about IF
- TIME: Try different time frames. I’ve tried 14/10, 15/9, 16/8, 17/7, 18/6 so far 18/6 is a good fit for me .. see what is a good fit for you
- CALORIE DEFICIT:You must still eat in a caloric deficit … this is not a pass to eat whatever you want.. I still eat 1350 in my 6 hour eat time
- WORKOUT:After reading Leangains you will see that you are recommended to still workout but in a fasted state… for me I workout at 11:30 to 12:30 and later I can eat.. Martin Berkhan suggest you consume branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) for your bodies benefit. I have yet to do this because I am not big on supplements but I plan to purchase I pre-made drink and see how that goes.
- NEW TO WEIGHT LOSS: If you are new to weight loss.. I don’t suggest this you must first learn what you can or cannot tolerate, how your body works and have a decent relationship with food or else once you get off the fast you may over indulge and defeat the purpose
- DRINK: You should drink water, tea and black coffee..nothing else…. there people who say you can have something up to 35 calories before your eating time/window but I just didn’t and I won’t. It probably wouldn’t hurt but I got my results without the 35 calorie snack during fast. Its a FAST that means NO solids just the suggested liquids water, tea and black coffee don’t add any sugar, honey or creamer.
I like IF. I will continue using this tool as way of eating. There are many other things out there but this is just my opinion on this. I will let you guys know how I am on day 14 of IF.Yes this is about weight loss but incorporate something else into your fast prayer, pray, journal, goal setting even read a good book or blog (wink wink). Make the best out of fasting it doesn’t seem as hard when you are being productive and spend less time focusing or thinking about food.
Have you done intermittent fasting before?