I will give you the website version of what a dietbet is then I will give you my experience of what a dietbet is to me. I thought about the fact that I INVITED all of you to participate/join my dietbet with me but some of you may not know what a dietbet is so let me explain.
What is dietbet?
- You make a wager (bet) on yourself
- You bet an amount of money (using paypal or credit card) that you will lose 4% of your body fat in 28 day
How does it work ?
- You weigh in with a word issued by Dietbet and 2 photos
- 1st picture of you will be full body of you on the scale in airport attire (SHIRT & PANTS) this can be workout clothes , the 2nd picture is of your feet, the scale and the word they issued you
- You will also enter your weight manually as you see it on the scale
- After you enter your weight you will be given a number of lbs you need to lose by the end date of your dietbet
- A referee will verify your photos
- A referree is there to verify and cut down cheating and misuse of dietbet
- When the dietbet is coming to an end you have 2 days after the end date to weigh out
- Your weigh out will be verified, then you must wait for all the players weight out to be verified then you will be notified if you are a winner or runner up. There are no “losers” in dietbet just runner ups.
- You get the money you bet as long as you reach the 4% weightloss goal and you split the pot of those who did not reach their goals with everyone who reached their goal
- If you don’t reach your 4% goal you forfeit your money
- If you are a winner you can collect your winning returned to the card you made the wager (bet) with or you can get it payed to you via PayPal
My truth about dietbet
- You bet on your self and you do get your money back but DON’T QUIT your day job thinking you’re winnings will support you.You maybe able to buy a shirt or a latte but these winning will not pay your reny
- Winnings have ranged for me, anywhere from about $5 to $20 . It all depends on the amount of player and amount of bet made. So if you bet $30 you may only make $36.80 which is the $30 you bet and $6.80 from others who did not reach their goal
- It is scale driven and for some people they prefer to look at inches and not the scale
- Be careful when weighing in and not hitting submit because it will accept it as your final weigh in and then you will have to reach out t customer service
- Most people usually are winners. The amount of runner ups is small. People who know they won’t win usually announce it before the weigh in and offer moral support to everyone else
- You can communicate with people around the world and add yourself to groups that interest you (I’m apart of a myfitnesspal group they have a fitbit & polar group as well)
- I have yet to see a sore loser from diet bet
- Its mini weightloss community that more people should use
Concerns I’ve seen in actual dietbets games and other places online
- “I thought I was going to win more money”. Winning your money back is a great motivator but you are truly suppose to do a diet bet for accountability and support plus the return on your investment
- “It focuses only on the scale” Dietbet will issue you a weigh out amount based on what you weigh in so if you know that you don’t want to step on the scale try something else
- “People will cheat” This is why they have referees who validate what a person is submitting and overall the person is not cheating anyone but themselves
- ” I win if others lose,that makes me feel bad” More people win than lose but even if people lose they usually say they will and encourage others to keep going (besides you are sticking with it and they have their own reasons why they maybe unable to) I’ve seen people either stop because they were sick, injured or one girl was ecstatic to stop because she found out she was pregnant which was a blessing for her because her and her husband had been trying to get pregnant for months so she bowed out the game gracefully and wished us all the best of luck
- ” I can do it on my own” Yes you can but why when it is more fun with someone who will motivate you along with a group that you can communicate with on your bad and good days.
- “What if I don’t like it?” there is a 7 day money back guarantee if you decide it is not for you within the 7 day window you can leave the game and ask for you money back
- ” How long does it take to get my winnings (money) back?” 1 to 3 business days. If its PayPal 1-2 days and credit card about 2-3 days
- “My dietbet is boring” I suggest you pick a game with active members and host that is interactive and fun. My best dietbet was where the host checked in on the group daily and gave away prizes.
This was suppose to be short but I wrote a freaking essay. I hope this helped.
If you have any questions you can email me
or leave a comment
Like, Comment and Subscribe
Subscribe to this Channel
Lose 15lbs in 30 days
Start YOUR Business TODAY!
Get YOUR FREE 7 Day Meal Planner Below
The Library | The book High Value Woman 30 and up should read
➜ The Success Guide for Women
One thought on “What is a “DIETBET” anyway? Is it a load of bull? (REVIEW)”