Yesterday marked the date ,10 months ago I decided to get fit,healthy and change my life. I know I know *side eye* 10 months isn’t big.. You’r probably thinking come post a blog when you are 1 year in. Well I have learned a lot over these last 10 months and I gotta share. The things I’ve learned are life lessons not only for weight loss but for life. I am 81 lbs down, not stopping and I am ecstatic.
10 things I’ve learned in 10 months on this weightloss journey
- Celebrate every win you make. Some celebrations will be bigger than others but don’t forget to celebrate
- You will have cheerleaders and critics/naysayer. Take the good with the bad
- Set a goal and CRUSH IT even if you reach your goal 15 days after its due date still keep going after it
- Its a slow process. S…..L…..O….W… things seem so slow when you are doing it but when you look back you’re like wtf
- Strangers may be more supportive than people you love …hurts to read and hear but its the truth
- Mindset is everything if your mind isn’t ready ..turn around and come back when it is
- Ask for help from people you know can help you and help others along the way no matter what
- Prayer works … no for real… for real. Be thankful and pray. It will help you through the times you struggle
- Invest time, money, and effort in yourself . There is only one you..*Please treat your self with care and caution*
- Don’t compare yourself or journey to anyone else . Write your own story don’t copy anyone else’s.
There’s more I’ve learned but I’ll leave it at this for now. I have to save more for when I make it to 1 year or 100 lbs down which ever comes first.
I celebrated yesterday *I had Chik-fi-la 4 ct nuggets, fries and their lemonade frozen shake* Its was delicious..Back to eating clean today. (Hey a girl gotta have fun still)
What have you learned when decided to make ANY lifestyle change weightloss, career, school, parenthood, entrepreneurship?
Comment, Like and Subscribe